Friends of Pugin
Pugin was passionate about his vision for a better society and we are passionate about the glorious Australian heritage brought about by that vision. We want to ensure that this marvellous heritage is better understood and appreciated.
Would you like to be one of the Pugin Foundation's Friends? As a Friend you can:
- Learn much more about Pugin's Australian heritage and help to promote its wider understanding and appreciation,
- provide knowledgeable guiding at the various Pugin sites,
- help with care and maintenance tasks associated with Pugin's buildings and their environs in cooperation with local communities, and
- assist in the staging of cultural events in Pugin buildings.
We will enhance your enjoyment and appreciation of Pugin's Australian heritage as a Friend by:
- Providing an illustrated all-colour monthly Friends newsletter featuring up to the minute news on the Foundation’s conservation activities, as well as original articles, not to be found elsewhere, on aspects of Pugin’s work in Australia and overseas
- offering excursions, led by experts, to Pugin sites and to significant Australian buildings by Pugin’s followers such as William Wardell and Charles Hansom,
- having an occasional illustrated lecture program, and
- negotiating concession rates for attendance at cultural events in Pugin buildings.